When it comes to Ionic app development, it is one of the most popular and preferred mobile app frameworks by developers for highly-functional, user-friendly and interactive mobile apps. The ionic framework helps developers to build hybrid mobile apps that can work on multiple platforms and still perform brilliantly. One of the crucial properties of Ionic app development framework is that it offers some excellent user interfaces that are not available with HTML. Well, developers, nowadays, prefer Ionic app framework over other frameworks due to convenience and comfort it brings for them.
In this blog, we will discuss some of the ins and outs of the Ionic framework that you need to know to understand the Ionic framework better.
Introduction to Ionic framework
The ionic framework was developed in 2013 and before that, developers preferred to build native apps, thanks to their performance over hybrid apps. However, the scenario has changed totally after the inception of the Ionic framework. Ionic is powered by angular and is a hybrid app development framework that helps developers to build interactive, user-friendly and comprehensive mobile apps that can work well on multiple platforms. Currently, developers are using the 3rd version of the framework that is available on Angular 4 and it can be used to make desktop applications too.
However, though it is one of the most preferred hybrid mobile app development frameworks, there are some drawbacks of the Ionic framework when it comes to utilization of some of the mobile’s native functionalities such as Bluetooth and camera. Well, in such a scenario, plugins can come to your rescue.
When to use the Ionic framework for mobile app development?
* If you are starting to develop a mobile app and you are in a dilemma whether to use an Ionic framework or not, here is a list of instances when you can use it.
* If you are a start-up and having some budget constraints in the initial phase of business, you can go for mobile app development with the Ionic framework.
* If you are starting to take projects for mobile app development and you don’t have such infrastructure, personnel and setup, starting with Ionic might be beneficial for you.
* With its superlative UI elements and amazing themes, the Ionic framework makes mobile app development like smooth sailing.
* Thanks to a large community of online supporters and tutorials in the form of blogs and videos, it becomes easy for developers to build robust apps with ease and comfort.
When not to use the Ionic framework for mobile app development?
* One of the most important things to know about the Ionic framework is that it might not function as smooth and flawless as native apps on some devices.
* Also, the in-app performance of the hybrid apps made on the Ionic framework is not as smooth as native apps.
* If you are developing a banking or other financial app, better go for native app development as the security levels of the Ionic framework can be cracked easily.
* There is an absence of some of the most crucial native functionalities in the Ionic framework. You have to rely on different plugins to introduce those features in the app.
All you need to do is to hire an Ionic app development company and they will ensure that you get an app that supports cross-platform and perform excellently. With the use of Cordova and AngularJS libraries, developers can make amazingly interactive and responsive mobile apps that can serve the core purpose. With those superlative UI elements, you can create the best performing mobile apps that offer a smooth and flawless experience to the users.